Professional Trekking Guide
English, Chinese, French
Everest Base Camp Heli trek - 7 days is specially intended for those who have short travel time but wish to explore the Himalaya of Everest region. Witness the world’s tallest highlands including Mt. Everest and 4th highest mountain Lhoste. This way one doesn’t need to again trek back to Lukla. Within a matter of hours, you will be back in the luxuries of the Kathmandu City. The Everest Heli trek initially starts will a regular flight by plane from Kathmandu to the small air-strip in Lukla. Then starts the trek to the small Himalayan settlement of Phakding town. Start-off the next day trekking towards the Sherpa capital, Namche Bazaar. Namche is the doorway to the Everest region with numerous hotels, lodges, restaurants, shops, etc. Two days are spent in Namche for acclimatizing. On the second day, trek to the Everest View Hotel at Syangboche for improved sights of Mt. Everest including Lhotse, Amadablam, Thamserku, etc. After Namche the next stop is Tengboche.
Tengboche has one of the biggest monasteries in the Khumbu region. Everest Base Camp offers a great view of the magnificent Khumbu glacier from where Everest expeditions begin. Early in the morning, the next day is the hike to ‘Kalapathar’ at 5,550 meters. Kalapathar, the Himalayan vantage-point, offers panoramic views of Mt. Everest and its surrounding mountains. Afterward, hike back to Gorakshep where a chartered helicopter awaits you. Then fly back to Lukla from Gorakshep and fly back to Kathmandu. The tour concludes after spending a night in Kathmandu. We shall transfer you to the airport for your onward flight the next day.
- Explore culturally rich Kathmandu valley.
- Explore Sherpa village.
- Adventurous mountain flight to and from Tenzing-Hillary Airport in Lukla Trekking in the famed Everest region.
- Accommodation at the luxurious lodges on the trail Visit Namche Bazaar.
- The Sherpa capital and cultural center of Khumbu.
- Viewing Everest, Everest Base Camp, Kalapathar, Khumbu Glacier and Icefall, lakes and other high Mountains on a helicopter tour Lunch at Everest View Hotel, the highest placed hotel in the world.
0 Overall Reviews
- 1 day
- 3 Star Hotel
After you land at Tribhuvan International airport, you will be welcomed by our office representative. As he will be holding the company plate, it will be easy for you to recognize him. Then after, he will transfer you to the hotel. At the dusk, our guide will give some update about our trek and directions. Overnight at hotel inclusive Breakfast.
- 4 to 5 hrs
- Guest House
30 minutes flight, Walking Distance 8km, 3 - 4 hours trekBoard a plane from Tribhuvan International Airport and head east. As you fly above the mountains look down and view the jagged summits of the Himalayan range. Hold on tight to your seats as the plane makes a landing at the narrow airstrip in Lukla. At the airport in Lukla, you will meet the other crew members. Pack your stuff and head to Phakding walking by the lively Lukla bazaar. Crossing a metal suspension bridge brings you to the riverside settlement of Phakding. Make your way to a teahouse and rest for a while. Later stroll around the village and head down to the riverside and watch the Dudh Koshi, a glacial river surging down the valley. Take pictures and spend some quiet time soaking in the mountain views. Later head back to the teahouse and take rest. Overnight in Phakding.
- 5 to 6 hrs
- Guest House
After breakfast at Phakding, the trajectory further opens out to reach the famous foothill town of Namche Bazaar. While crossing Namche, several smaller communities are crossed, like Jorsale and Monjo. Monjo lies north of Phakding and is the access point of the Sagarmatha National Park. The trajectory projects through the national park and lastly reaches Namche. It is situated on a mountainside and sights of the Thamserku Peak and the Kongdi RI Himal from here are astonishing. Stay overnight at the Guesthouse.
- 3 to 4 hrs
- Guest House
Namche is a perfect place to acclimatize. The view around Namche is mighty and beautiful. After breakfast, you can visit the Syangboche Airstrip that is situated on a hill above the town. From here, you can get a panoramic sight of Namche and can see astonishing sights of the Himalayas as well. Moreover, from Namche, we can go to the Everest View Hotel. The hotel is the uppermost situated hotel in the world and offers a view of Mount Everest and many further Himalayan peaks from all of its windows. Back at Namche, you can go to the Everest Photo Gallery and the Sherpa Culture Museum as well. Stay overnight at Guest Houses.
- 6 to 7 hrs
- Guest House
The most exciting day of your trek is today as you will be going for a Heli tour which will take your breath away. After having breakfast, your journey will begin. We will arrange a chopper at Namche Bazaar where you will travel from there. The Heli will take you through Everest Base Camp, Khumbu Glacier and Icefall region, Kalapatthar, Base Camp, Khumbu Glacier and Icefall region, Kalapatthar, Namche Bazar and Lukla, where you will be able to enjoy the glorious and majestic Ama Dablam peak, Lhotse Peak, Nuptse Peak, and many extra high peaks as well. The chopper does not land throughout the ride. It halts straight at Lukla and you will have your lunch and stay there tonight after a majestic flight.
- 35 minutes
- 3 Star Hotel
After a majestic and wonderful sightseeing, you will travel back to Kathmandu from Lukla on a 30-minute flight which will end your journey in this region. You can relish and capture the moments in the changing sights of the landscapes for one last time while on the flight unless you want to repeat the trip again. You will be transported to the Hotel after landing at Kathmandu where you shall stay overnight.
- 1 day
- 3 Star Hotel
The day has come for you to return back reluctantly to your hometown after this blissful and adventurous tour in Nepal. Last day in the land of Himalayan Wonders, as per your international flight time depart from the hotel for the airport for your international flight back to home countries or other respective destinations.
- All ground transportation by comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary will be provided.
- Airport picks up & drop off service for international and domestic flights will be our responsibility.
- Airfare for domestic flights as per the itinerary is our obligation to fulfill.
- Helicopter Tour as per the itinerary will be managed by the staffs and guides for you.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu at a 3-star hotel on a twin-sharing basis, with breakfast, will be provided.
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek on twin-sharing is added in this package.
- Professional, English-speaking, government-licensed, well-trained in wilderness first-aid Trek Leader (Guide), Assistant Trekking Guide (5 trekkers: 1 assistant guide), Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, flight fare, equipment, food, and accommodation will be provided for your easiness.
- National Park Entry Fee, TIMS and Trekking permits are taken care of.
- Complimentary Welcome and Farewell dinner at a traditional Nepali restaurant will be given to you.
- All Local and Government taxes, administrative charges will be sorted out beforehand.
- Third Rock Adventures’ T-shirt, Duffel bag and trekking map will be given for your convenience.
What's not Included
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu should be managed by yourselves.
- Travel and medical insurance are mandatory for your safety and should be managed by you.
- All the Nepal Visa fee are excluded from this package.
- Excess baggage fee should be managed by yourselves.
- International flights should be taken care of by yourselves.
- Personal expenses (laundry, drinks, beverages, snacks, private calls, souvenirs, hot showers, etc.) are not included in our service.
- Extra night accommodation in case of early arrival or late departure should be expensed by yourselves.
- Personal trekking gear and equipment. Down jacket and sleeping bag (available on hire) should be managed by yourselves.
- Tips for guide, porter, and driver (tipping is expected) should be in accordance with your will.
- Any unseen expenses due to circumstances (natural calamities, strike, etc.) are beyond our control
- Expenses not listed in the ‘Price Includes’ section are your obligation to take care of.
For cancellation please contact us beforehand.
Good to know
Accommodation is on a twin-sharing basis. If you are single, you will get to share the room with a person of the same sex. If you need a single room, it will be available at an extra cost. You may click on the ‘single supplement’ tab while booking your trip. Please remember, single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and at lower elevations while trekking, but at higher reaches, it is very difficult to get a single room.
2 nights’ stay in Kathmandu a 3-star. The hotel lies close to all the major sightseeing places and the international airport. It is located next to the beautiful ‘Garden of Dreams’ (a landscaped garden designed by a Rana nobleman). The hotel offers clean and air-conditioned rooms with attached bathrooms. Other amenities include free wi-fi, restaurant, coffee shop, and bar.
On the trail spend 9 nights at teahouses or mountain lodges. The rooms are clean and feature shared washroom facilities.
Stay for 2 nights at the luxurious Hotel in Kathmandu. The hotel is designed like a Newari royal palace and showcases a fine collection of traditional Newari art. A classy five-star deluxe boutique establishment, Dwarika’s features tastefully decorated rooms, spa, fitness center, swimming pool, restaurants, bar, café, etc.
On the trail, enjoy luxurious accommodation in Lukla, Phakding, and Namche. The properties of Yeti Mountain Homes offer well-appointed rooms with en suite bathrooms (with hot and cold water) and hot drinking water. The beds are warmed with electric mats. Enjoy food prepared from farm fresh organic produce. The resort features a spacious dining hall, living room, spa, bar, etc. At other stops, accommodation will be arranged at the best available lodges. Do remember you are trekking in the wilderness, far from civilization and most lodges will feature basic facilities.
Breakfast is complimentary at the hotel you will be staying in. While in Kathmandu, for lunch and dinner you can choose from a range of fine dining and budget restaurants. The streets of Thamel are filled with several top-notch restaurants serving eclectic fare.
While trekking, all meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are provided. Try local food - dal-Bhat (rice, lentils, curry), momo, Tibetan bread, chapattis, etc, or choose an international platter (apple pie, pancake, pizza, mac & cheese, noodles, etc.). Enjoy a complimentary welcome and farewell dinner at a traditional Nepali restaurant.