professional Trekking Guide
Rara Lake Trek is an ideal journey that takes you to the hidden gems in the far Western region of Nepal; extremely rich in natural diversity and scenic beauty. The Rara Lake trek is an amazing trekking journey to the place that feels like a piece of heaven on earth. This trekking journey takes you to the biggest lake of Nepal, Rara, to the spectacular Khaptad National Park and to Rara National Park as well.
This trekking journey is filled with amazing scenic beauty that will take you back. It has to offer picturesque views of the area with the national parks being surrounded by alpine plants and it is home to diverse vegetations and wildlife. There are more than five hundred species of flowers twenty species of mammals and two hundred fourteen species of birds. Both Rara National Park and the Khaptad National Park are the protected sites of the Mid and Far-western Nepal and have been popular for travelers both internal as well as external over years have given the natural experience they have to offer.
- The scenic beauty of Rara Lake
- Explore the authentic culture and lifestyle of Nepal
- The serene and scenic environment of Khaptad
- Interesting vegetation and wildlife
0 Overall Reviews
- 3 Star Hotel
One of our representative from Sherpa Expedition and Trekking will receive you at the airport and accompany you to your hotel where you can relax and freshen up. You shall be invited to our main office for a short briefing about the trekking journey and you will be introduced with your guide.
- 45 minutes
- Guest House
Our journey starts on this day as we head to Nepalgunj from Kathmandu via flight which will take around fifty minutes. You have the option to travel by bus as well from Kathmandu.
- 3 to 4 hrs
- Guest House
We take a flight to Talcha, Mugu which will take around forty-five minutes. This scenic flight offers amazing views of the changing terrains. We then start to trek to Rara Lake. It will take about three hours to reach Rara lake. Overnight stay in a tent.
Early in the morning, we have a hearty breakfast and then we start exploring the Rara lake. This lake has freshwater which appears pristine and is at a height of 2990 meters. The Rara lake is located in the Rara National Park itself which has to offer amazing natural scenery with different flora and fauna including the rhododendron, Himalayan bears, musk deer, red panda and so on.
You will be astonished by the beauty of the wilderness. After exploring the area around Rara Lake, you can trek around the Murma Top from where you can savor the view of the mountains as well as the lake.
Overnight stay at Rara lake.
- 5 to 6 hrs
We walk downhill to the Khaytad river on this day as we are headed to Sirkot. After getting to Majghat, we walk till Murma and then get to Serkot as we walk past Jhaudi Khola, Nigalbot, Bapani, and Masane. Overnight stay in a tent.
- 6 to 7 hrs
After eating breakfast, we head to Jholunge Pul which will take us around seven hours from Sirkot. It is located at an altitude of 1400 meter.
- 5 to 6 hrs
We first cross the Karnali river over a suspension bridge and the whole Bajura district. We set off to Kuran Jugala en route Chepi village and then w move to Kolti as we pass through the places like Alange Chaur, Partola Badhu Matela, Chulighat Badhu Raut Badhu, Badhu Bagar, and Pipal Dali.
- 10 hrs
After eating breakfast, we move to Martadi as we leave Kolti. It will take us around ten hours to reach Martadi which is located at a height of 1591 meters. Overnight stay at Martadi.
- 5 to 6 hrs
After breakfast, we move to Dogadi which is at a height of 1490 meters. We move downhill to Dogadi which will take around six hours. Overnight stay in Dogadi.
- 5 to 6 hrs
After having breakfast, we set out for our destination that is Khaptad Camp sit. We leave Dogadi and move for eight to nine hours to reach the Khaptad campsite where we stay overnight.
- 1 day
After early morning breakfast, we go explore the national park of Khaptad and we visit the Khaptad museum as well as w trek to the Khaptad Danda and visit the main attractions like Patan and tower.
We will get to witness a number of vegetations and wildlife here. We can see subtropical forests here. There are more than two hundred twenty-four species of medicinal herbs and two hundred seventy species of birds here along with different species of mammals. We walk for two hours to get to Triveni and Khaptad ashram afterward.
Overnight stay in a camp.
- 8 to 9 hrs
As the sun rises in the morning, we have breakfast and then we head to Bajhang. We will have to walk for nine hours on this day to reach our destination; we walk past lush green forests and different settlements. We reach Bajhang and explore it. Overnight stay here.
- 10 hrs
On this day, after eating breakfast, we head to Dhangadhi which marks the end of our trekking adventure. It will take us around nine hours to reach Dhangadhi.
- 1 day
- 3 Star Hotel
On this day, we return back to Kathmandu via a flight. It will take around one hour to reach Kathmandu. You will be transferred to the hotel after reaching Kathmandu where you will stay overnight.
Our representative at Sherpa Expeditions and trekking will accompany you to the airport from where you depart from the land of Himalayas, Nepal.
- Airport pickup and drop off facility
- Accommodation facility in Kathmandu at a hotel and teahouses and tents while trekking
- Complete land transportation according to itinerary via private vehicles
- Special permit to Dolpo region
- Licensed and experienced mountain guide along with a porter
- Staff insurance, salary, food, and lodge
- Domestic flights Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Juphal
- Welcome as well as farewell dinner at Kathmandu
- Breakfast while in Kathmandu
- All three main meals while trekking
- Important paperwork permits for trekking and so on.
- First aid box
- Important rescue and travel arrangements
- All necessary government taxes and royalties
- Nepali Visa charge
- Airfare for international flight
- Baggage charges if excess (the cargo cost is about $1.50 per kilogram if you have more than twenty kilograms baggage)
- Accommodation charge for the extra night in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Insurance for travel and rescue
- The expense for personal items like laundry, battery recharge, extra porters, hot shower, bar bills and so on
- Internet facility while trekking
- Individual trekking equipment
- Sightseeing tours and other extended trips
- Tipping to porters and guides
- Additional trekking staff upon request
Kindly contact your tour operator for cancellation.
Good to know
- Smile and greet the locals by pronouncing the phrase “Namaste” or “Tashidelek”
- You have to be well prepared to make yourself either to pace in a group as well as keeping the distance from the people you see walking either behind or Infront of you.
- Please discuss with your guide if you are planning on trying something new throughout the trek.
- Make certain you are well set for the upcoming day; Demand the guide about the things you might need next day as you can pack it in your pouch while rest is carried by the porter for expediency
- Make sure you provide at the donation boxes at monasteries around the trekking zone as they do not have ticket charges for the guests around this trek.
- If you sense being uncomfortable and irregular throughout the journey, makes sure you report your guide while climbing higher altitude as your well-being is the most principal factor while ascending higher altitude.
- Make sure you admire the local culture and beliefs although it is uncomfortable for you to believe it and do not criticize their beliefs and values
- Without preceding authorization of the local people in the trek, do not take pictures of the local people.
- Do not sense clumsiness when folks gaze at you; they are just concerned in tourists and have no ill intents.
- Do not expect profligate services round the trekking zone; basic services can only be provided given the geographical complications.
- Make sure you do not abolish the floras and faunas during the trek; be answerable about the environment around you.
- Make sure you do not be generous by providing money to people; such an act will only boost children and beggars because it might increase them to beg more from visitors around the trek.